To create a custom slash command in Slack, follow these steps:
- Go to the Slack App Directory and find the “Slash Commands” app.
- Click the “Add to Slack” button to install the app.
- Once the app is installed, go to your Slack workspace’s settings and click on “Slash Commands.”
- Click on the “Create a Command” button.
- Enter the command name, for example ‘/weather’.
- In the “Request URL” field, enter the URL of the server that will handle the command.
- (Optional) You can also customize the command’s autocomplete help text, and its usage hint.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
And your custom slash command is created and ready to use in your slack channel
Please note that you will need to have a server set up to handle the command and send the appropriate response back to Slack.